Google+ The Nostalgic Nightingale: Beauty: DIY Brush Cleaner

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Beauty: DIY Brush Cleaner

Hello everyone! Late last night (or rather super early this morning) I decided I really wanted to try out the facial brush I had purchased; and as we all should know, you should always clean any brush (any product really) before using it. But instead of using commerical cosmetic brush cleaner, I opt for my homemade two ingredient formula. It's wicked easy to make and the products used aren't crazy expensive either! Keep reading to see how I make my all natural brush cleaner.

To make this brush cleaner I mixed Dr. Bronners liquid castle soap (about $9.00 from my local health store) and Pompeian extra virgin olive oil (about $3.00 from my local grocery store) in a 3:1 ratio in a small glass container. I simply used an empty Pompeian evoo jar. After pouring the ingredients into the jar, I shook the jar like crazy for a few minutes until the mixtures appearence resembled lotion.

It's easy enough to make, and just as easy to use! Shaking the cleaner before each use, I clean my brushes by first dampening the bristle and swishing only the tips of the bristles in a small bowl of brush cleaner. Then I swirl the brush a bit on the palm of my hand and rinse with warm water. I always do this at least two times before I move onto the next brush to ensure all of the cleaner has been removed. And as for drying, usually I lightly pat the brushes with a soft absorbent towel and lay them out to dry over night.

So I suppose that's it for now. I'd love to know how you care for your cosmetic and other facial brushes, so feel free to leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment