Google+ The Nostalgic Nightingale: Shopping: Dollar Tree Haul 3.25.14 - More Makeup

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Shopping: Dollar Tree Haul 3.25.14 - More Makeup

I went back to the local Dollar Tree today, and I found more goodies! Still have to go back for a nail polish haul but I'm pretty sure I picked up the remaining colors of Physicians Formula Baked Collection eyeshadows my store had stocked. (Some of the "in between" colors, my store doesn't carry.) Also today I picked up four Wet n Wild juicy gloss lip glosses along with an eyeshadow & bonus eyeliner pencil by the same brand, and lastly another eyeliner pencil from ELF.

So beginning left to right, top then bottom in detail today I purchased:
Wet n Wild juicy gloss lip gloss in #34323 Cherry Glaze, Wet n Wild juicy gloss lip gloss in #34323 ( No name on the package but the tube but says Alice Elan.), Wet n Wild juicy gloss lip gloss in #34325 Sinless, Wet n Wild juicy gloss lip gloss in #34324 Candy Glaze, ELF shimmer eyeliner pencil in #7610 Gunmetal, Wet n Wild coloricon shimmer single in #305 Glamrock with bonus eyeliner in #705 Black, Physicians Formula Baked Collection Wet/Dry eyeshadows in #2748 Baked Butter, #2751 Baked Smores, & #2746 Baked Sands.

Now here's the tricky thing, once I got home and opened up the packages, the palette in the physician formula baked smores was sticker labeled as baked butter... To make it even more odd: once I swatched the colors, the pigments were different as well as the finishes (one palette seemed more matte, the other was much more of a shimmer or satin finish). I may go back to Dollar Tree to pick up another Baked Smores palette. I would like to see a) if it's sticker label matches the packaging label and b) what that palette actually looks like. Other than that I'm happy with my finds. I even swatched them all and may upload that mini post later. Let me just say a few more things: the Wet n Wild juicy gloss lip gloss in #34323 Cherry Glaze is very pigmented and stains a rather hot pink color; the Wet n Wild juicy gloss lip gloss in #34325 Sinless is also quite pigmented and stains a very light pink. I had no stain problems with the other two and the pigment was still there. Both the ELF eyeliner & Wet n Wild bonus eyeliner glide on smoothy with no crumbling or tugging at the skin, and both have great pigment that transfers beautifully. And finally the Wet n Wild single eyeshadow is wonderful as most of their colors from this line are, it goes on a light perwinkle/lavendar that builds great, this color does have a blue under/duo chrome tone and a shimmer finish. I do suggest using an eyelid/shadow primer with this eyeshadow because while my swatch did last until I washed it, I can easily wipe away this eyeshadow using a dry cotton circle with no visible product remaining on my skin.

So there ya go, my second Dollar Tree cosmetics haul. What are your thoughts on purchasing cosmetics or nail polish at the Dollar Tree?

No comments:

Post a Comment