Google+ The Nostalgic Nightingale: Cleaning: Homemade Lavender Sachets

Monday, June 16, 2014

Cleaning: Homemade Lavender Sachets

Recently I purchased some locally grown dried lavender blossoms from the farmers market, so today I'm sharing one of the easier crafts I had planned for said dried lavender: scented sachets!

What I Used:
1/4 cup dried lavender blossoms
2 small organza bags
Wire, beads, wire cutters, & needle nose pliers (optional)

What I Did:
1) Used the wire, beads, and tools to make decorative hangers.
2) Filled each small organza bag with 1/8 cup of the dried lavender blossoms.
3) Tied the strings around the bag to tightly close.

To Use & Notes:
~ Hang in a closet, car, locker, etc or place in drawers, shoes, bag, pillow case, etc to freshen.
~ May add a few drops of lavender essential oil to enhance scent, if desired.
~ May crush blossoms by gently rolling the organza bag between both palms to enhance scent.

I love them so much! Not only are these lavender sachets inexpensive and easy to make, they also make great last minute gifts. :) I currently have these two organza bags hanging up in my closet but I think I may put one in my purse and the other in a dresser drawer so I can make a bigger sachet to hang on the closet bar. Where do you suggest placing a scented sachet? Share your answer with us in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment