Google+ The Nostalgic Nightingale: Cooking: Chicken and Dumpling Soup

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Cooking: Chicken and Dumpling Soup

With DH being ill and snow falling, there is only one thing I could make for supper: Chicken and Dumpling Soup.




What I Used for the Dumpling:
~ 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
~ 2/3 cup milk

What I Used for the Soup:
~ 4 cups water
~ 4 chicken flavored bouillon cubes
~ 1/2 cup milk
~ 10 oz canned chicken in water (drained)
~ 1/8 tsp dried parsley
~ 1/8 tsp dried thyme


What I Did:
1) I began by preparing the dumplings by combining the baking mix and milk in a bowl until a soft dough formed. Then I set it aside for later.

2) To begin the soup, I set the stove to medium high heat to dissolve the bouillon cubes in boiling water (about 20 minutes).

3) Once the broth reached an even boil, I dropped the dumpling dough in by spoonfuls and reduced the heat.

4) After the dumpling boiled for a bit uncovered (about 10 minutes), I added the chicken and spices then cooked it for 10 minutes longer, covered with aluminum foil.









5) Then when all the ingredients were heated thoroughly, I removed the soup from the heat and used the milk to cool it down a bit as well as to give the soup a creamier texture.


With the extra dough I made a dozen simple biscuits by dropping spoonfuls onto an aluminum foiled covered baking sheet and baking them at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.



How do you make Chicken and Dumplings?

No comments:

Post a Comment