Google+ The Nostalgic Nightingale: Cooking: Honey Pancakes with Honey Cinnamon Syrup

Monday, November 25, 2013

Cooking: Honey Pancakes with Honey Cinnamon Syrup

When DH is isn't feeling well I try to give him as much honey as possible to help his body fight off the sickness; and to make sure he eats a full, hardy breakfast. Today I made honey pancakes topped with a honey cinnamon syrup as found in the Easy Bisquick Suppers October 1997 recipe book on page 50.




What I Used for the Pancake Batter:
~ 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
~ 2 tbsp local pure raw honey
~ 1 cup milk
~ 1 cage free egg





What I Used for the Syrup:
~ 3/4 cup local pure raw honey
~ 1 stick (1/2 cup) salted sweetened butter
~ 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon






What I Did:
1) I began preparing the syrup by putting all the ingredients in a 1 quart sauce pan and setting the stove on low heat. Stirring occasionally.

2) While the syrup melted, I heated a frying pan on low - medium heat and mixed the batter ingredients in a bag, shaking it until most of the lumps were gone.

3) Then I snipped a corner off the bag and "piped" the batter into the frying pan.

4) Once the edges were solidified (took about 4 minutes) I flipped over the pancakes and cooked them for about four more minutes.








After a few pancakes were cooked, I stacked and covered them with the warm honey cinnamon syrup. I added a leftover clementine from Halloween and flavored water to complete this breakfast!

I packaged the leftover syrup in a recycled honey bottle; and the pancakes I wrapped in aluminum foil then placed them inside a plastic bag to be stored in the freezer. When reheating these pancakes I plan to use the counter top convection oven on the medium toasting setting, and to reheat the syrup I would place it in a mug of hot water to sort of mini double boil it again.


I'd love to know if you guys give this recipe a try, feel free to leave a comment below letting me know what you think of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment